2D1N tour featuring the treasured trios of Sandakan. Stay overnight at Selingan Island to watch live sea turtle hatchlings, followed by a visit to see the orangutan at Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre the next day.
- 1 Night at Selingan Island
- Watch sea turtles laying their eggs on the beach
- Observe orangutans at Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre
- Sandakan Memorial Park (If time permits)
Arrive at Sandakan Airport by morning flight, then transfer to the jetty for a 40 minutes speedboat by our modern twin engine all weathered speedboat to Selingan Island. After lunch, we take an orientation tour of the facilities including turtle hatchery, and other wildlife with our guide. The rest of the afternoon, swim and snorkel in crystal clear water. After dinner, watch a video presentation on turtle conservation on the island.
Depending on the tide level, Green turtles will start coming up after dark to find the best spot to begin the long laborious process of digging a hole in the sand with their hind flippers. To minimize disturbance of the turtle, Park Rangers on the island will alert us before the turtles start laying. They will then measure and tag the turtle if it has not been tagged, collected the eggs and you will witness the transplanting of eggs to the hatchery and everyone has opportunity to release baby turtles to the sea. Overnight in Twin-Share room
Note : Make sure your flight arrival in Sandakan arrives before 0900hrs. Or if this is not possible, recommended to fly in and stay one night in Sandakan or Sepilok before the tour commence.
Meals : Lunch and Dinner
Overnight at Selingan Island
Return to Sandakan by speed boat after early breakfast and transfer 40 minutes overland to the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre. There, you’ll be treated to an enlightening video show about the conservation efforts done at the centre. Enjoy a 10 minute walk on raised boardwalk in the midst of the rainforest and witness the feeding of orangutans at the feeding platform before observing them over at the outdoor nursery.
After lunch, proceed to airport for the 1430hrs flight to Kota Kinabalu. If you’re taking the evening flight, you’ll have a chance to visit Rainforest Discovery Centre. Take a bird view of the centre from the canopy walk and hanging bridge, explore the botanical garden, home to various species of flora. Proceed to Sandakan Memorial Park for a short visit before taking the flight.
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
MYR 1,897.00 / per person twin-share
Single Supplement: MYR 200.00
What is a single supplement?
A solo traveller is charged with a single supplement which is a premium charge in order for him/her to have a room all to his or herself. Nearly every hotel and tours are based on double occupancy, which is why solo travellers will need to pay the single supplement rate. This is to compensate the hotel for losses incurred as only a single person is using the room and service.
Please take note that our bookings require a minimum number of 2 adults simply because the prices of room, transfers and day tours are quoted based on twin sharing, and in order to cover the extra cost that is meant for 2 adults, an additional charge of 100% is applicable for a single traveller.
However, this premium charge can be avoided if you bring another travelling companion with you during your travels.
Validity Rates are only valid if you are travelling before 30th June 2024. Please consult our Tour Consultant if you are travelling after June 2023.
Availability This tour runs everyday. Prior booking required.
Children Discount at Selingan Island ONLY
- Full adult rate applies to all children 11 years old and above (based on year of birth) and/or children sharing room with ONE adult (twin-share basis)
- 25% discount for children 10 years old and below who share a room with TWO adults with an extra bed (based on availability)
Transfer Inclusion This tour package rates include pick-up and drop-off from Sandakan Airport or hotels in Sandakan Town Additional charge per person applies for pick-up and drop-off outside this area and pick up time may vary.
- Please make sure that you travel light to Selingan Island.
- Note on Camera Use at Selingan Island: For any camera (phone, digital or still camera) for personal use are chargeable at RM10.00 PER UNIT for conservation permit purposes. Please note that FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO TAKING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- Note: (November-February) Please be advised that our trip to Selingan Island involves boat journey via the Sulu Sea. In the event of inclement weather condition during or before the boat journey, the company will have the absolute discretion to cancel or postpone the trip if it is deemed that the journey will jeopardize the safety of our passengers. In the event of cancellation, a replacement tour will be offered. The company will not be liable for any compensation.
- Snorkeling gear is available for hire at a surcharge.
- Note on Camera Use at Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre:For any camera with zoom lens from 100 to 400mm, video camera or other video recording equipment for personal use are chargeable at RM10.00 per unit. For any camera (fixed-lens – 400mm and above ) or any film-making equipment are chargeable at RM1,000.00 per unit. Mode of payment is cash only.
- Customers are encouraged to purchase their own travel insurance before travelling to Borneo. We recommend you to select a travel insurance policy that covers not only your medical expenses (including emergency repatriation) but also personal liability, cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage. Doing so can prevent major disruptions and additional costs.